Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hope

It may be said that love is a myth, beyond the really real,
That perhaps the selfless love of truth and forms
Passes out of human existence. That perhaps the love
I sing weaves itself through human dreams,
And says goodbye. Leaving dreams to be all they are,
Dreams. Not a true way to live one's life.
Not the way to pursue all and every moment.
I say no. I say something in life is love,
Something to be led, something to be made,
Something to endure, and live, and bear with pain,
Something to be, in all you are, something to be
In all that is, but never just a dream-
Unless dreams are simple happenstance,
the greatest gifts in life, truer than all else,
If dreams are thus, then let me pursue the dream of love.
Let me live its every care, let me explore its every ode
To every human being, Let me be love,
Let me live love, Let me Love, let me love Love
And in the loving, let me live, and let me illuminate Love,
Let me illustrate love, let me bring all to Love's illumination,
Illustration, Let me bring the mystery of love
To the handwritten blossoms of love's labour.
Let me live love in the page, and let the glory of love never fade.
But let love be love in love's own page, and in love's own way,
May love's fair road be paved
in the souls of all those who say,
They will hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment