Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dark Light-Part I

The whispers of a faint breeze caress the wisps of hair that fly behind me in the wind. I breathe within the smell of willow trees and honey all around me. This meadow has been my home for the summer. I have made some visits to the house that sits peacefully in the distance, but I find myself at peace surrounded by the daisies and the wheat fields.

I am wearing a sun-dress, a white flowery thing given to me by my grandmother. She is the one who brought me here. After all that happened, she wanted to bring me to a place where I could give all of my worries to the air, and the breeze, and in time be restored to some semblance of myself. But what she never expected, had no way of knowing, was the magic in the trees, the peace that would rise in my breast every night as I gaze upon the stars, the magic I would sense in the day-breeze on my face. The sunbeams embrace my pain and melt it away, the breeze lifts my soul into some existence far beyond the superficial one I made for myself.

So, in my grandmother’s love, and the retreat she created for me, I have been able to reside in true joy, a happiness I never knew I could feel. But, how could I reach this point. Something that must be understood is the ability of darkness to be the light. Not many men recognize the importance of paradox in human existence, but I have journeyed into the ebony black corners of a human life, and I now know the meaning of darkness. Only with help could I leave the abyss in which I was imprisoned, but I now know the mission of my life.

You see, we all ask why are we here? Everyone wants to know their purpose in life. But it is in the most truly horrifying moments of life that one discovers the true end to their quest. It is when the test is completed that one sees the two paths she could have chosen, and sees the evolution of her true self in the face of danger. I wouldn’t have told you months before now that I would believe in a purpose to life. I would never have said that darkness had a purpose. For in that time darkness ruled my existence, but now I’m in the field of daises, and I have freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment