Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Friendship Withered

Enveloped in the melancholy daylight, of a friendship that will not wither, I sit. I wait. For some message of what I am to do, what I am to say.

I don’t have the time to believe that all we do will be fulfilled,

But I dream that our loves will combine in eternal majesty.

I don’t want to be with you in romantic consummation,

I want to be peaceful in friendship aspirations.

But you greet in caring lovingness and I cold-shoulder turn,

Steel embraces heart inside behind my hurting bones.

I cannot show you an anger I can’t possess,

But somewhere do you hear a loneliness?

That I wish our friendship dead and consumed by dark eternal,

Because I wish our friendship always light and loved eternal.

Your destruction wrought a wound of paradox and night,

And left me without understanding, peace, and sight.

Now I sit, I wait, I wait to know. To know where our amoris love should go.

Confused at times I wait and linger, I tender caring show,

But yet when you pursue I wonder, where should our love go?

No comments:

Post a Comment